Exit Distraction Free Reading Mode
- Unreported Judgment
- Appeal Determined (QCA)
Hansen v Patrick (No 2) QCA 357
SUPREME COURT OF QUEENSLAND
Hansen & Anor v Patrick & Ors  QCA 357
ALLAN JOHN HANSEN
Appeal No 1877 of 2018
SC No 800 of 2006
Court of Appeal
General Civil Appeal – Further Orders
Supreme Court at Townsville –  QSC 7 (North J)
21 December 2018
Heard on the papers
Sofronoff P and Fraser and Morrison JJA
PROCEDURE – CIVIL PROCEEDINGS IN STATE AND TERRITORY COURTS – COSTS – OTHER MATTERS – where the parties agreed to the form of order as to costs
D A Savage QC, with A L Raeburn, for the appellants/cross-respondents
J A Griffin QC, with A J Moon, for the respondents/cross-appellants
Connolly Suthers Lawyers for the appellants/cross-respondents
Roberts Nehmer McKee Lawyers for the respondents/cross-appellants
- THE COURT: The order of the Court is that:
- The Respondents shall pay the Appellants’ costs of the Appeal.
- The requirements of s 15 of the Appeal Costs Fund Act 1973 (Qld) having been satisfied, the application of the Respondents for an indemnity certificate under s 15 of the Appeal Costs Fund Act 1973 (Qld) is granted.
- The costs of and incidental to the trial which commenced on 9 September 2015 are reserved to the trial judge who conducts the re-trial.
- The Respondents shall pay the Appellants’ costs of the Cross-Appeal.
- The Respondents shall pay the Appellants’ costs of and incidental to the claim made at trial by paragraph 31 of the Statement of Claim save for the costs of and incidental to the re-opening of the trial in relation to that claim.
- The issue of the costs of and incidental to the re-opening of the claim made by paragraph 31 of the Statement of Claim shall be determined by the trial judge who conducted the trial which commenced on 9 September 2015.
- Published Case Name:
Hansen & Anor v Patrick & Ors
- Shortened Case Name:
Hansen v Patrick (No 2)
 QCA 357
Sofronoff P, Fraser JA, Morrison JA
21 Dec 2018
|Event||Citation or File||Date||Notes|
|Primary Judgment|| QSC 7||24 Jan 2018||Plaintiffs’ claim for damages for fraud, negligent misstatement, breach of fiduciary duty and contraventions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) dismissed; judgment for the first plaintiff against the first and fourth defendants for money had and received in the amount of $749,145.04: North J.|
|Appeal Determined (QCA)|| QCA 298  3 Qd R 93||30 Oct 2018||Plaintiffs' appeal allowed; retrial ordered; defendants' cross-appeal dismissed: Sofronoff P and Fraser and Morrison JJA.|
|Appeal Determined (QCA)|| QCA 357||21 Dec 2018||Appeal Costs Judgment: Sofronoff P and Fraser and Morrison JJA.|